ATP*

wrote in message
oups.com...

ATP* wrote:
Just brought home a headless Bridgeport, it's on my trailer in the

driveway.
After I clear enough of a path to get it into the shop, I'm going to

try and
put together a working Vari-Speed Chiwanese head out of 4 heads and

motors
in various states of disrepair.

I'm a bit late getting in on this thread. After you are done, I might
be interested in buying an extra Chiwanese motor off of you if the
motor has a long shaft that I can mount a B'port variable pulley to
(don't remember the B'port motor shaft diameter off hand although I
could aways turn a bushing if the shaft is undersize). I have been
searching on E-bay and the B'port 2 hp motors are a bit too pricey for
me. I think I have all the parts to complete the assembly of a 2J head,
minus the motor.

I'll take the measurements. I believe they are 3 HP motors. The shaft is
very close to 30 mm in diameter with considerable wear. I am going to try
and fix the sheaves in position, I think there is too much wear to use the
floating sheave/vari-speed setup.