Charles Lockhart

Heh, heh, yeah, I can't completely disagree with that sentiment.
There've been quite a number of times where I've wondered if
doing the job myself is one of the dumber choices I've made or not.

Overall, it's the right choice for me because of two reasons:

1) I like to do this kind of stuff. If I get it wrong, I'll do it
again, and chances are I'll do it right. I'm a fairly capable person,
and I enjoy the goods and the bads. And really, none of the stuff
has been all that complicated.

2) I've been kind of disappointed with the results I've seen from
*most* of the professionals. A lot of them didn't care, didn't know
what they were doing any better than I do, or just sucked. A lot of
times you get charged too much, the job takes way longer than it's
supposed to, and the results are crap.

So, for me, doing it myself is the way to go. Whether you agree or
not really has no significance, but, like I said, I don't completely
disagree with what you're saying.

Thanks for sharing, take care,

-Charles

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:28:49 -0600, The hooligan wrote:

Another stupid moron trying to compete over his level. How about rip it
off and call a professional or start smearing thick coats of mud on top
of it, and call it stucco. Whoops you'll probably screw that up too.
Hope you tackle an electrical job soon so we can read about you in the
paper.