Mike Barnes

In uk.d-i-y, chris French wrote:
I'd just have one or two double sockets and feed them into multiway
distribution boards plugged into the sockets. Our TV/VCR/DVD/STB setup
is fed like this. The distribution strip is fixed tio the back of the
TV cabinet and it all is very neat.

Seconded. In the neighbourhood of our TV there are ten mains-operated
boxes. There weren't always that many, of course, but they've arrived
gradually over time. Think ahead to the time that you have ten things to
plug in.

I've fixed distribution strips to the back of the stands with sticky
pads (for flat surfaces) and nylon cable ties (for thin frames).

I've also made extensive use of IEC plugs - like those on the back of a
PC - which save a lot of space. They're especially handy for appliances
that have an IEC inlet, because you can substitute an IEC extension lead
for the lead supplied with the appliance, avoiding the need to cut the
existing lead. IEC distribution boards and extension cables are
available from CPC, Maplin, etc.

--
Mike Barnes