Sparky

James Sweet wrote:

"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message
news:aoLPd.44709$QS5.2817@trndny06...

I know I will get flamed for this but...
I say screw the company right back the way they screwed you. Go to an
electronics store that offers cash refunds, and buy that "current
equivalent cable." Open the package, remove and keep the new cable, and
return the old one in the same package for a full refund. Problem solved.
This also works for DVD players that quit working in 91 days with a 90
day warranty, assuming the same model is still available.

Except chances are you won't screw the company, but the next person who buys
the set you return, or the store.

Lesson in the future I suppose is to buy the inexpensive no-frills cable,
I've been stupid and bought expensive cables a couple times only to discover
that not only does the picture look identical to a cheap cable but the fancy
expensive ones are heavy, awkward and often crack the soldering at the
connectors.

I've been hearing/reading the same thing for at least 30 years (or
whenever Monster Cable hit the audio shops).