chris French

In message , Alan
Dempster writes
Evenin' all,

Although a seasoned DIY sparkie, I would appreciate suggestions for adding
additional SWSOs (Switched Double Socket Outlets) in this scenario. This
particular install is to go behind a television, and power a chunk of AV
gear:

|| cabling (buried in plaster)
_______ _________ _________
| | | | | |
--------- ------------ -------------
existing new double new double

snip

3) Bugger the regs and simply add two spurs in daisy-chain format, like
you're not supposed to do!

I call the installation 'strip sockets' because the faceplate of each double
is literally within about 2mm of the next on the wall, allowing neat and
tidy connection of up to six appliances (TV, DVD, Playstation, Terrestrial
Digital (DVB) decoder, etc etc...

snip.
I'd be eager and grateful to hear suggestions from all who have experience
of doing this type of install in the past.

I did something similar in the 'office'.

I would suggest 3 - running them as spur with multiple outlets, with one
small change to your plan. supply the spur via a FCU fused at 13 amps,
this makes it reg compliant.

However, not sure i'd bother any more. I'd just have one or two double
sockets and feed them into multiway distribution boards plugged into the
sockets. Our TV/VCR/DVD/STB setup is fed like this. The distribution
strip is fixed tio the back of the TV cabinet and it all is very neat.
--
Chris French, Leeds