Default Trading Standards

Hi Everyone - Errr - What Is the function Of Trading Standards??. They
remind me of that advert - with the words changed of course from, "New
Customer Only" To "Sorry Data Protection Act". I thought that they
would be in a position to disclosed all The John Wayne's out there but
no what do you get, yes you guessed it SDPA's.

My wish to the BBC's Watchdog is please "Stop Broadcasting Immediately"
as it shows how easy it is to encourage these high earners to get away
with it and in many cases "How To Do It".

There seems to be very little prosecutions. And those found guilty just
pay a small fine, for which you have to further pay the courts to
collect it - and then its not guaranteed. And then simple change their
company name and start trading again

All it would take for the UK to sell better products to the consumer is
to take B & Q, Wicks, Homebase, NU Tools (especially), Screwfix etc to
court and fine them =A3100,000 for selling lets say a drill which simply
broke within 14 days plus give the customer =A31000 conpensation for all
the time, trouble and risk in some cases. And for the courts to ask
what is "Trading Standards For". We would all be enjoying some very
special nice to use tools in the future. A job in the Inspection
Department would mean something and the manager of this department
would be on the board of directors, showing their teeth.

All those in favour just keep writing to this thread. Someone may just
take some notice. So watchout B & Q or should that be Bodge and Queue.