Harvey Van Sickle

On 16 Feb 2005, John Rumm wrote

Jeff Sheard wrote:

tv
vcr
dvd player
sky
games machine
4x for stereo
2x lamps

Which sums to 11 sockets. Sticking 6 2x gang sockets on the walls
seems excessive, but maybe thats me being outmoded in the ring
circuits I frequent?

But seriously, what is the solution?

10 to 12 doubles sounds about right.... (two in each corner, plus
additional one half way along each wall)

In system terms, what are the practical advantages to having each
appliance plugged into a separate socket (as opposed to putting, say,
the 4 stereo plugs into a trailing socket)?

I'm more interested in the safety/functionality trade-off than in
"theoretical flows as measured by an oscilloscope", as cable control
is, I think, a lot easier with 41 than 44.

--
Cheers,
Harvey