Guess who

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:11:46 -0800, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

In article ,
says...
I have quite a few of the harbor freight pipe clamps. They're cheap,
but the quality of their castings is pretty poor. I have no complaints
for the price, though. They work ok, but not as smooth to use as the
Pony pipe clamps I have.

HF has, or at least had, two grades of 2/4" pipe clamps. One with a
straight handle and one with a crank handle. I've bought both. The
straight handled ones are now rusting in some garbage dump. I use the
crank handled ones all the time.

You are right about that wood straight handled junk. The best I have
I got in a yard sale for about $5 for the lot. they have a wheel
about 3"diam. You get a good grip with the entire hand, and don't
need to hold the clamp with one hand while jacking the handle around
with the other. More force, more easily applied = less effort. I
haven't seen them in stores [prefer auctions and yard sales and house
sales], but that would be my first and only choice.