jj3000

Hi John B,

The roofer came back to check out the situation, I shown him the
valley coating did not fix that previous leak.

He looked and measured for a while, and found that the flashing isn't
dropping down to the scrupper, he explained to me there were 2
flashings for the valley. The top flashing seem to be leaking down to
the bottom flashing at the edge, the bottom flashing is about 10 ft
long each and soldered in the middle (and eventually leaks), which is
about where it is leaking inside the house.

He hammered the lip down and applied some flashing cement with a layer
of fiberglass tape and that should make sure the water doesn't leak
into the bottom flashing.
I hope that will fix the problem..

"John B" wrote in message ...
Yeah, you can do that. But you have to tarp from the bottom to the top; the
entire watershed. Layer it, and fasten it somehow to preclude wind damage.
If your house has no parapet with drain holes (like a commercial building)
then there is less threat of catastrophic roof collapse, in the event that a
tarp manages to obstruct drainage holes. I have not seen a picture of your
roof, so you'll have to evaluate any such threat yourself.
Painter's tarp, as comes in a big roll, either 9' or 12' wide, is one way to
go. Sunlight will disintegrate the plastic if you leave it up there for
three months or so.
"jj3000" wrote
However we are going to have rain this whole week.. how can I minimize
the amount of water getting into the house? Perhaps a big tarp?