Default Adding Door to Doorway

My bathroom has the toilet in a cubby area through a wall. There is no
door. The house was built 18 years ago. Can I just buy a door that
fits, chisel the doorway sides for hinges and stuff, and screw it in
myself? Or do I have to hire someone to tear things up and put up a
header and load-bearing wood and stuff like that? Or do you have a
suggestion for a shower rod and curtain or something similar?
And if the answer is that I need lots of support built, can you say in
general the current wood trim can be removed carefully enough so the
wallpaper around it isn't disturbed? I mean, if the wallpaper is
torn up, I will have to completely redo the wallpaper in the whole
bathroom because it's 18 years old and we have no extra.