DanG

There are many people here who can help you solve the problem. We
all need more information than what you have given.

Is it a gas or gas/oil mix mower? Do you add oil to the fuel or
do you check oil with a plug or dipstick?
Does it have the extra "dead man" safety handle? I would assume
that a mower with a deadman lever will have electronic ignition.

Being rained on does not kill mowers. The chances of it being too
wet to start is not likely.

Engines need 2 basic things - fuel and spark. To test for spark:
Remove the plug from the block. Install the plug wire. Hold the
tip of the plug against the block where you can see the gap in the
spark plug. Have someone pull the cord. You should see a bright
blue spark as the engine is spun. If you see no spark, first try
a new plug. If you still see no spark, it is time to pull the
flywheel. First thing to check is gap at magneto. Reassemble
checking the condition of the woodruff key. Retry.

Failure to start is more liable to be moisture in fuel related.
It sounds as if you should go to the library to get a repair book
or find a friendly old duffer who could help you.

I just looked in the mirror and realized I am one of those little
old duffers!!!!

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Tim Zimmerman" wrote in message
"Goedjn" wrote in snip

Are you sure you dried everything out throuroughly?
dampness in the wiring harness can be depressingly
persistant.

Yes it's dried. It was operational before it was rained on. I
have one other mower which was also rained on. This one
had been dried for months and still no-spark.

The latest one had been dried for only two weeks.