John B

Yeah, you can do that. But you have to tarp from the bottom to the top; the
entire watershed. Layer it, and fasten it somehow to preclude wind damage.
If your house has no parapet with drain holes (like a commercial building)
then there is less threat of catastrophic roof collapse, in the event that a
tarp manages to obstruct drainage holes. I have not seen a picture of your
roof, so you'll have to evaluate any such threat yourself.
Painter's tarp, as comes in a big roll, either 9' or 12' wide, is one way to
go. Sunlight will disintegrate the plastic if you leave it up there for
three months or so.
"jj3000" wrote
However we are going to have rain this whole week.. how can I minimize
the amount of water getting into the house? Perhaps a big tarp?