John Fields

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:12:59 -0500, "Peter Michelson"
wrote:

Yes, a flip-flop would do it and someone is sure to suggest a PIC, both
requiring a fair amount of extra components to actually work. Have you
looked for alternate action switches or relays? It would run your
lights and not require a degree to get it to work.
Glenn Gundlach

Is that because flip-flops require capacitors to store state information?

---
No.
---

I would be interested to know the minimum complement of components necessary
to support a single flip-flop.

---
Just one, the driver.
---

information (?)

I have a similar request as the original poster. I would like to use a
momentary switch to cycle among three LEDs. Is the circuit design for this
using flip-flops complex?

---
If you have to ask... Simple for me might be impossible for you, but
you haven't yet described what it is you expect the momentary switch
to do.
---

Is there an easier way to generate the same functionality?

---
What _functionality_?
---

It seems that there must be some ICs out there that provide
this kind of functionality out of the box. Does anyone know of any?

---
Pretty much any µC...

--
John Fields