Jeff Sheard

Default So, how many sockets in a living room?

Hi,

This is a bit of an electrical design question. I'm rewiring my house,
and want to provide a decent amount of sockets for appliances in the
living room, for now and for the foreseeable future. This room is
about 12 metres square, i.e. not that big. It's also roughly square in
shape.

Currently there are 2x 2 gang sockets, which is woefully inadequate.
My current standard appliance list (which I think your average house
has or will have) is this:

tv
vcr
dvd player
sky
games machine
4x for stereo
2x lamps

Which sums to 11 sockets. Sticking 6 2x gang sockets on the walls
seems excessive, but maybe thats me being outmoded in the ring
circuits I frequent?

But seriously, what is the solution?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff.