Al Reynolds

"R P McMurphey" wrote in message
Hi all, I have agreed with the local land owner to buy a small plot off
him for not much money, to use to extended my garden. I have been in
touch with some solicitors and they are asking £600 all in to do the work.
that's nearly 90% of the cost of the land! surly there cant be that much
work involved in buying a plot of land...other than checking through the
contract and applying for a change in ownership of the land? I have done
a diy divorce before so im not afraid of doing it myself...the
conveyancing that is! can anyone give me any advice or point me in a
direction of some useful websites?

You should be able to find a conveyancer to do it
for about £200-300. You can do it yourself - there
are books to help. A friend of mine did his first
purchase this way. Decide how much of your time
£250 is worth. If your going to spend longer on
this than that, pay someone else to do it.

Al

PS How much land do you get for £660?