John Rumm

Tim S wrote:

My genuine view was that the latter LBA were trying very hard to make the
whole thing as undisruptive as possible for the DIYer (though I suppose it
would benefit equally a non-self certifying electrician undertaking a
series of jobs in one house over a medium period of time).

My final thoughts were that the first LBA's approach was more likely to
put people off declaring work whilst the second (if you can stomach the
117.50) was more likely to encourage people to declare and get a periodic
done.

So by extending that concept a little, the DIYers procedure henceforth
shall be:

1) Move into house

2) Issue notice to LA that you plan to rewire entire property piecemeal
and pay your 117.50

3) Carry out any works you fancy as and when you see fit over arbitary
time frame....

You are now back to the pre Part taking the P scheme!

4) If you later move out of the house, and if you have finished the
rewire, you notify them to get your cert, else declare it to the new
buyer as an ongoing work for the next owner to pick up.

--
Cheers,

John.