Richard

Baz wrote:

SNIP
Hi Richard.
What I am saying is. You have PIPE not TUBE.
You need a 1/2" Nominal Bore compression fitting. Or a DN15 compression
fitting, which is the same thing but metricateted.
Take your bit of offcut to your local Builders merchants and they will sort
it out for you.

BTW. What fitting did you have on the Pipe at the start?
Baz

Hi Baz,

My neighbour is the lucky chap with this pipework, not me thankfully.

Anyway, he seems to have a 21.5 mm main feed around the first floor and
tee-ed of this are the feeds to the rads (in slightly more than 15 mm
pipe). The thin stuff is attached to the rads with compression
fittings and to the larger stuff by what appear to be brass soldered
joints. They're not like copper Tee fittings where the 15 mm meets the
22 mm at right angles, but look as if the thick pipe sweeps into a 90
deg bend that also reduces to join the thin pipe. But the thick pipe
also continues straight across through the joint. Sorry that's a
diabolical description and I can't even provide a photo as he is away.

Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info