Bill Jeffrey

A long shot, but ...

Is it possible that your meter actually reads out the equivalent
parallel resistance of the cap (yes, I know what ESR stands for)? For
most caps (but not electrolytics) this would be a very high resistance -
many megohms.

Just a thought. By the way, if you didn't get a manual, you can buy the
instructional video on eBay for $10.

Bill

wrote:

I recently bought a Sencore LC102 off of e-bay. It was calibrated just
prior to sale. When checking caps for ESR, I only get readings on
electrolytics, no other type caps. Other caps cause the meter to flash
a high value, regardless of control/voltage settings. The meter will
read value though for all caps. Am I doing something wrong, or is my
meter gimped? Thanks.