Jeffrey Thunder

In article ,
"J" writes:
When the US needed tiles to keep the space shuttle cool they went to Japan
to find the man to do this.

Actually, I believe the US "went to" Seattle for the tiles:

http://depts.washington.edu/mse/mainnews.html

(third paragraph down). Perhaps someone can find a better reference.

Disclaimer: IANACE, but I know one.

OBWW: I recently made a picture frame from white oak to match an older
one. A carefully made sled ensured excellent miter joints, even
though this frame was approximately 30"x40". And in case he's
actually reading this thread, Swingman might be interested to
know that I went to some effort to adjust the sled so that
it cut 45 degree miters (not simply complementary ones).

Some orange shellac will give a finish which closely matches
the older frame, which isn't nearly as nicely made, I might
add.

This is the second time I've used the "face frame" blade on
my PC biquick joiner. It worked great.

--
Jeff Thunder
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences