Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Ron, thanks.

I was not knocking Oneway, these people are just the best, and know what
they are doing.
I met Kevin and his Dad once at the Woodstock (Ontario) wood show,
that's when I was building the outboard on my lathe, they could not help
me, though it still was nice exchanging ideas.
As for your "advice" experience, Companies are only as good as their
people, and they don't always are above board, I worked for one of the
big three, and it was frustrating some times when you knew they were
making the wrong decisions, but nobody was listening, till the, I told
you so.
At the production end the bean counters don't make sense sometimes, its
all water under the bridge now, and I don't miss it for a second, bring
on the wood !!

Ron Kolakowski wrote:
Hi, Leo

Great advice on checking info from the "experts", although in this case he
was right on. - Thanks,Kevin!

Back when I worked for a living, I spent some time as one of those folks who
gave advice, managing the technical support operation for a pretty high-tech
product line. While I never intentionally "blew smoke" at a customer, I sure
had times when we weren't 100% confident in our best answer! (Note, I didn't
mention the comapny to avoid embarassing them - since part of my retirement
income is tied their stock value - LOL)

I really enjoyed browsing your web site and congratulate you on your
beautiful work. Also got some great ideas, especially for an outboard tool
rest.

Thanks,
Ron