Harold and Susan Vordos

"SteveF" wrote in message
. com...

the floor or poured in the walls. Twin motors, with no filter bag. It
discharges directly outside and has a cyclonic separator. We'll extend

it
to the house, so it will serve double duty. If your budget can stand
the
cost, it's a super way to go for keeping a shop clean. We can walk
around
in stocking feet with no worries (we're living in the shop while we
build).

Good luck!

Harold

How much insulation did you put under the slab and where? I was talking

a radiant flooring guy last night in Washington who told me that WA now
requires 2" under the full slab. And what kind did you use? Seems like
standard extruded polystyrene would be fine for a normal garage but I'd

like
someone to tell me it would be fine for heavy loads like you are using.

Thanks.
Steve.

I cut corners, a decision I now regret with the cost of heating oil over
$2/gallon. At the time I could fill my tank @ 70¢/gallon. I used only 1"
of board (R-5), which I purchased directly from a distributor. With 2,600
sq. ft. of floor, the savings (over $1,000) was attractive, but foolish.
The board is made by Dow, and is blue in color. Unless one has a terrific
floor load, the 25 PSI material with thick reinforced concrete should be
more than adequate, considering that works out to a loading of 3,600 lbs/ft.
I just wanted the added insurance to guarantee I wouldn't crack the floor
with my lift truck. Cork Insulation in Seattle was the source, if that
helps.

Harold