Dave Hinz

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:21:48 -0500, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:39:15 -0500, Ed Huntress

wrote:
"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On 16 Feb 2005 09:07:14 -0800, jim rozen

wrote:

Sure, Clinton did. Didn't he have a huge deficit when he was in
office? Oh, ooops. My error. I was mistaking 'balanced budget'
for 'huge deficit.' How silly of me.

Clinton never had a balanced budget. He played enron-type numbers
games, but the deficit kept getting bigger each of his 8 years.
Doesn't sound like a balanced budget, or the "surplus" he claims
to have had to me.

I'd like to see your numbers on that if you don't mind, Dave.

Didn't we _just_ do this like a month ago?
Anyone got that GAO link, or do I have to google for Ed?

I just looked. All I found was you and Gunner making the assertion, with no
support whatsoever.

See my next (already posted) message.

Did I miss something, or is that about it?

Yeah, by the time you posted this I'd already sent a specific link. If
you don't see it there, it's he
http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdhisto4.htm

What years was Clinton president again? Can't tell by the amount of
debt going down, so either the treasury department is wrong, or Clinton
was lying when he said there was a surplus.