Dave Hinz

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:43:25 GMT, Lew Hartswick wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:29:26 -0500, Ed Huntress wrote:

wrote in message

One of my two new cars has ABS. Personally, I think I can do better than the
ABS on a slippery road, but I may be deluding myself. But it's great for my
wife.

Well, I think you're deluding yourself; unless you have 4 separate brake
pedals and a foot for each one, there's no way you can threshhold brake
on each wheel individually, as ABS does for you.

What ABS system does that? I'll admit my auto technology is quite a bit
outdated but I havent heard of any ABS that modulate all four wheels
independently.

You can tell if yours does by looking at the valve body on the ABS
system. If there's four separate actuators on the valve body,
then yours does. If your car has TCS (Traction Control System) as an
option, that's pretty much a dead giveaway that the ABS has separate
control channels for each of the wheels.

Dave Hinz