John Rumm

Default Replace central heating programmer (Honeywell ST1000)

The Wallport wrote:

Thanks both. Had to wrench it off - now I can see where the screws

Satisfaction huh ;-)

The backplate might be slightly damaged so I may have to replace it
anyway. Have figured the wiring out with a continuity tester.
Interestingly, the heating "Off" terminal is not wired but the water
"Off" is. What does this mean?

Does this timer have separate channels for water and CH then?

The off terminals are often just the other half of a changeover switch -
i.e.

*======== On
Live In /
==============*

*======== Off

This lets you switch things so they occur when the switch turns either
the heating or water off.

Thanks for the advice about a direct replacement but I really want to
move to a 7 day timer to have different times at the weekend. As for a
combined timer and thermostat - the wiring is in the wall with no easy
access and the current thermostat is upstairs. It would have been good
to move this but not easy due to the wiring not being where it's
needed.

There is no need to move anything usually. The combined timer/stat is a
direct replacement for the current stat - not the current timer. The
current timer would be removed - or left permanently switched to "on"
leaving the stat to control the heating (timing and temperature).

I'm now going off to B&Q to see what I can get.

Depressed?

--
Cheers,

John.