Rob Morley

In article , "The Natural
Philosopher" says...
RickyC wrote:

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:44:15 +0000, Lurch
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:31:26 GMT, (RickyC)
strung together this:

The other day I bought a 1997 Nissan Primera. The battery was dead
when I bought it. Today, I replaced the battery. Now everything works
fine acxept for the tail lights which don't come on when the headlight
switch is turned on. The tail light bulbs are perfectly OK (all
filaments light up when fed with 12 volts). I also checked the two
tail light fuses. Neither of them is blown. So the fault must be
somewhere else. Anyone suggest where it might logically be?

More than likely a dodgy earth. Best bet is get a meter out and see
where the pos\neg go\don't go. No need for guessing then.

I'm not too savvy on electronics, but I'm thinking that I'd need an
ohm meter with very long wires, so I can clip one on the battery and
prod the other end at various points between it and the tail lights,
yes?

Voltmeter, and sharp pin to pierce insulation.
Cahiis is always 0v - lights should be at +12v.

chassis :-)