Ian Stirling

Howard wrote:
Advice required re LED's.

I currently use a lowvoltage 50 watt lamp at my bench
(jeweller), it's good light, a bit yellow and expensive to replace.

I have high hopes for LED's but before I change things around, I
thought it best to see if anyone has had real experience of them.

LEDs are basically probably not a candidate.
You're likely to be looking at some $200 plus for a light of a similar
wattage.
I'd look at fluorescant lights, there are a wide variety of colour
temperatures available.
And if you want, you can customise the colour temperature a bit - add some
blue card to the reflector, or yellow, ...

You want a high frequency ballast - flicker is bad.