Hicks

pauliepie wrote in message ...
Thanks for the replies guys.

The extension will only be a standard single storey flat roof
extension.
We intend to stay in the property around another 3-5 years only, thats
why I want to keep the costs down.

I used to be a draughtsman so I know how to draw up the plans, its just
I`m not to sure what insulation/thickness of joists I require, etc...

Thats why I thought somebody may have a recent sketch I could see.

What is the average costs to send the plans through the council.

cheers
paul

We are intending to do something very similar to you - single storey
extension to the kitchen. I contacted a local architect who charges
£400 to draw up the plans, plus £110 for the planning application,
plus £125 for building reg plan.