Harvey Van Sickle

On 16 Feb 2005, Huge wrote

Rob Morley writes:
In article , "Simon Stroud"
says...

BTW Please set followups to just uk.d-i-y (or other
globally-accessible groups) please when cross-posting multiple
groups, otherwise my newsreader barfs when trying to reply to
"plusnet.tech.general". Not surprising as I can't access it as
I'm not on Plusnet, whereas you can because you are!

Why should other people change their behaviour when it's you that
has the broken software? Try using something that's vaguely
standards- compliant.

In what way is trying to post to a non-existent group "non
standards compliant"? If the OP wants to see an answer, he should
do as suggested.

I don't think the OP set the follow-ups to plusnet, though, did he?

If there was no follow-up and he's reading both groups, he'll see the
ones you post to uk.d-i-y.

I've just tested, and my newsreader (XNews) had no problem posting a
response which showed up here -- presumably the one to the plusnet
group (which I can't access) just died in the process -- so like Rob, I
wouldn't expect your newsreader to throw a hissy-fit if there's a non-
existent group listed.

--
Cheers,
Harvey