Ed Huntress

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ed Huntress says...

And so on. It's quite a long list. As Bush said before his second
inauguration, he has a big agenda, and not much time to do it. By the

time
conservative Americans wake up to the implications and consequences, it

will
be too late.

It's sort of odd that most elederly count themselves as 'conservatives,'
probably based more on fiscal conservatisim more than anything else.

The older they get, the less most people like change. That's their idea of
"conservatism." For example, my AARP newsletter tells me that most older
people don't want privatization of Social Security.

So it has come to a large shock to them that their welfare program
(social security) has come under fire by the very politicians they
voted for.

They're outraged. They're turning up the voltage to the third rail.

I think this well-illustrates the difference between being conservative
with money, and being part of a political party that calls itself by
that name, but really should be called the "me, me, mine, mine, nothin'
for nobody else" party.

The meaning of "conservatism" has been debased to mean whatever a person
wants it to mean. The funniest thing is to see the Christian right (highly
authoritarian) in bed with libertarians (magnetically drawn toward
anarchism, but with their current switched on "low.")

The same is true regarding their so-called "conservative" approach to
intermingling religion and government.

It's a foul brew of conflicting ideas. Fortunately for their peace of mind,
they have very selective vision.

--
Ed Huntress