John McGaw

Tim Zimmerman wrote:
My Black&Decker electric mower was loan to friend. He ran the
mower over several boulders several times, chipping a couple
pearl size sections off the blade. Possibly, this is causing the mover
to vibrate to the point of causing a shoulder sore.

I remove the blade, then clamp it to a vise grip. I have an angle
grinder that I will use to fix the balancing problem. The problem is,
I've never done this before. What is a practical way to balance a
mower blade?

Thanks

If it is a serious wobble I'll put my money on a bent motor shaft rather
than an unbalanced blade. I have a battery-powered electric sold by
Sears but IIRC made by B&D and hitting a tree root with it left me with
a bend in the motor shaft which was unrepairable leaving me to replace a
very expensive motor. I'm a lot more careful now...
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]