John B

I recently replaced an electronic igniter in a forced-air furnace. It cost
me about $150 for the materials.

"Russell" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:21:10 -0800, "John B" wrote:

You are not qualified to repair that oven yourself. And if you have an
electronic igniter problem, they are expensive to replace anyway.

I've installed igniters in the past. It's not that big a deal.

I installed a 30 foot gas line for my barbecue in my last place.
Inspector said I did a perfect job.

"Russell" wrote in message
.. .

I'm a long way from a repair guy, they charge 2 hours travel time.
I have a gas leak in the oven.
I know the igniter is bad because it takes a long time to light the

oven,
but do
igniters leak gas

Does this thing have an igniter, or just a pilot light?