John B

Edwin Pawlowski got it right.
A "slide in" sits on the ground, and as such, has a vertical height of
perhaps 36" without respect to any backsplash that might be included in the
model.
As "drop in" has a vertical dimension of about 30", yet when it is
installed, its top is at counter height...about 36". How is this
accomplished? The drop-in rests on the counter, and perhaps on blocks down
near the floor.
A "drop in" oven specifies a shorter horizontal distance between surrounding
cabinet and countertop; i.e., closer gap.
The kitchen has beautiful tile work, cabinetry, and coved floor. This would
have to be massacred to fit a slide-in range. All existing dimensions are
suited for drop-in, not slide-in or free-standing range.
I have recommended a drop-in electric replacement range, but family members
who control the situation are opposed to that. They would rather hack the
kitchen and save money. I am thus trying to find a gas range that will
dispell this threat.
"George" wrote in message
John B wrote:
No. I know what a "slide-in" range is, and that is not what I am asking
for. Thank you for your reply, however.

Out of curiousity why is a "slide-in" version not suitable?