Simon Stroud

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article , "Simon Stroud"
says...

BTW Please set followups to just uk.d-i-y (or other globally-accessible
groups) please when cross-posting multiple groups, otherwise my

newsreader
barfs when trying to reply to "plusnet.tech.general". Not surprising as

can't access it as I'm not on Plusnet, whereas you can because you are!

Why should other people change their behaviour when it's you that has
the broken software? Try using something that's vaguely standards-
compliant.

You could very well be right. It's OE. The error message was about
"resolving" the names of the two groups, one of which isn't in OE's list of
newsgroups (because it's an internal plusnet one). Actually it then offers
to send the post anyway, but I said No. Sorry - think I was confused. I
foolishly assumed the error was caused by it trying to contact my news
server and then failing, but trying it again I now see that the router light
didn't even flicker - it's just an internally generated stupid error message
from OE.

Thanks for pointing this out and apologies to the OP.

Regards,
Simon.