Nate Perkins

Dave Hinz wrote in
:

On 15 Feb 2005 13:19:24 -0800,
wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "mp"

wrote:
That's because Bush doesn't see everything in black and white as

you are
doing here. He is working diplomatically as much as possible.

You have a short memory. As you don't seem to recall, Bush was hell

bent on
charging into Iraq, while the rest of the world was saying let's

give
diplomacy a chance.

What, *twelve*years* isn't enough of a chance?

To be accurate, diplomacy was successful. Iraq had been
disarmed befor the US invaded.

Riiiiiight. Tell you what, Fred. Give me 20 bucks, and 12 minutes
to hide it. Then, come into my office, and I'll give you a minute
to find it. If you can't, then it's not there, right?

You've said this twice now, Dave. One might read your comments as
implying that the WMDs were there, but were hidden. But remember,
despite years of searching by hundreds (thousands?) of men, they have
still not been found. And the two men who were appointed by the
President to conduct the investigations have both concluded that they
just were not there. So I suppose you could postulate more complicated
explanations for why they have never been found, but you would be on
pretty hypothetical ground.

What the US did with Iraq was to demand that they disclose the location
of WMDs that they did not have. And when they claimed they did not have
them, we of course accused them of lying and demanded proof that they
were not hiding them. Iraq found it hard to prove the negative.

If you want to prove me wrong, just show me the WMDs that
Iraq did not declare to UNMOVIC.

I suppose you don't acknowledge the sarin shell that injured
our guys who were disarming it, right? I mean, it only had
enough sarin in it to kill a few thousand, so it doesn't count
and all?

Enough to kill a few thousand? I don't think so. It's just a dud shell
from the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war:

http://tinyurl.com/29op7
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0521/p09s01-coop.html

Hardly the "mushroom cloud" that was often mentioned.