Joseph Meehan

Russell wrote:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:51:44 -0800, "John B" wrote:

You're not telling us much. Does the gas leak all the time, or just
when you try to turn on the oven?

All the time. In fact, according to neighbors, the previous owners
used it like that for years.

I would consider this a serious situation. I don't believe there is any
way the igniter could be causing a leak. It should not take a pro long to
discover and fix the leak. He should also be able to fix the slow start
issue.

Your situation could be dangerous. Don't trivialize this.
"Russell" wrote in message

I'm a long way from a repair guy, they charge 2 hours travel time.
I have a gas leak in the oven.
I know the igniter is bad because it takes a long time to light the
oven, but do igniters leak gas
I was told there is a valve in the oven as well that might be
leaking. The stove is a Magic Chef in great shape but at least 12
years old.
I would replace the igniter if I was pretty sure it was the cause
of the leak. If I have to replace the valve as well I would
probably replace the stove. I never use the broiler. Is it possible
to use the broiler igniter in the oven?

Thanks for any pointers guys.

--
Joseph Meehan