Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
In those days, I
thing there was a 1,500 mile service, or walk around checkup.

You think wrong. 1,500 mile servicing went out many, many, years

before
OHV Cavaliers.

Actually *if* IMM is referring to the first dealer check after PDI and
delivery then he might well be correct in stating 1,500 miles - this was
often described as a 'Free Service' or 'First Service' in the service
history book.

Well, if anyone was thrashing a car before this they should expect it to
fail in a big way, if it was using 'running in' oil. As should anyone who
thrashes a car before the oil is up to temperature even *after* it's run
in.

That is what the company car drivers do. That is what the point was. Duh!!!

I've got even less time than those with no mechanical sympathy than those
who think that pouring in a tin of heavily advertised expensive ****e
makes their engine or gearbox last forever. Because they're fools. Like
IMM, who believes every advert.

I never said pour in "****e", whatever that is. I said use fully synthetic
oils as all the sensible people here have all said. Read what I write
regarding the oil research lab. They told and showed me all about it.

Please keep using cheap lousy oil, as you need too. Be my guest and please
use the cheapest oil you can find, the very cheapest of the cheapest, and
leave it in for 30,000 miles. You need to do this, you really do. This I'm
sure will give you great satisfaction.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download