Doug

Probably to drop the voltage. I've never encountered that scheme
before. They had obviously overheated, I could't be sure of the colors,
and didn't trust a resistance measurement. They were in series with the
primary, one on each leg. They didn't look like they'd handle enough
current for the product, though. I'm pretty sure they weren't used as
fuses because there was a regular glass fuse.

The unit was a Paradigm PS1200. I emailed the manufacturer's support
and was told, no parts or information ...must be taken to an authorized
dealer for return.... So I emailed to get the details for my customer,
and they responded that HE must take it himself. Furthermore, they
attached a copyright notice to their email. I wasn't even allowed to
forward it to prove how uncooperative they were! So, I put it back as
it was, no repair. Now Paradigm is another of the product lines we no
longer accept for service.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for your reply and interest in my problem.

Doug