David Lankford

TWS wrote:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:30:57 -0500, David Lankford
wrote:

TWS wrote:

David,
I've had an HTC mobile base on my drill press for years. The style is
trapezoid shape with two lockable fixed wheels and a single caster
style wheel at the peak of the trapezoid. This configuration makes it
easy to rotate the drill away from the wall whenever I need to use it.
I have a piece of 3/4 inch plywood bolted to the base and then the
drill base bolted to the plywood. I works fine for me.

TWS

I looked at the HTC at a Woodcraft and it wobbled more than I would
like. Of course this one didn't have the plywood bolted as you did
which is a great idea to make the unit more rigid.

Thanks,

David

I didn't use one of the universal bases, this one is welded frame and
pretty rigid.
TWS

I know which one you are talking about. The one at Woodcraft was the
same as yours but they had an undersized piece of wood just sitting in
the frame and the drill press base lightly bolted to the wood. Your
solution with the bolting to the frame would make a huge difference I
can see. It's funny how companies can do a product dis-service by not
proprely setting it up as it should be used. The twenty minutes it
would have taken them to do this I am sure would net significantly
increased sales.

David