Larry Blanchard

In article ,
says...
If I'm making a piece of furniture I always construct the carcase first and
fit the faceframe toward the end.
Or is it just personal preference.

Sounds like that might be it. For me, it's more convenient to do
the face frame first, then two sides, then the bottom, then the
back.

For one carcase, one face frame, it probably makes no difference. But
if the cabinets are modular and a face frame is to cover 2 or more
carcases, it would seem to be easier to make the face frame after the
carcases are set in place so that you could adjust for any
irregularities in the installation.

Note that I say "seem" because I haven't run into that situation myself.