TeamCasa

For kitchen/general storage cabinets, it doesn't much. I am making a
walnut, buffet styled bathroom vanity right now. I decided to make the
frame first as it takes up less space and I can fit the curved doors and
drawers first. The carcass will be simple and when I done, the whole thing
can be assembled, finished and put in the bathroom when I'm done.

Dave

Pictures here of the work in progress
http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/currentproject.htm

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
.. .
A friend and I ( both amateur wooddorkers) have been going around and
around
over the order in constructing cabinets. He's an AVID pockethole man and
says he always starts by making the faceframe first and then constructing
the cabinet to fit.

I tend to do it the other way - seems to me that if an adjustment need to
be
made, it's much easier to adjust the faceframe to fit rather than vice
versa.

If I'm making a piece of furniture I always construct the carcase first
and
fit the faceframe toward the end.

Or is it just personal preference.

Vic

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

http://www.usenet.com