Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Ron

I have the Oneway Stronghold, they very well could have changed the set
screw size and thread, it is always prudent to not just take the things
you're told for true, I've had a few lessons in life where I assumed
"they knew what they where talking about" but didn't, just check to make
sure, like measure twice and cut once G
The lathe I use does have reversing and I turn outboard mostly, my chuck
adapter is heat shrunk onto a MT shank so it does not make a difference
which way I run my lathe, the lathe has MT 5 in the head stock spindle,
and I have approx. a 36" swing.
Have a look at my web site if you care.

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum18.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Ron Kolakowski wrote:
Thanks,Leo. Hope it's not a long walk to your shop! What model of
Oneway chuck do you have - I think they make 3 different ones. I
thought they all used the same taper adapters, but I could very well be
mistaken. In any case, the M8 set screw is what was called out by the
support folks at Oneway, and an M8 x 1.25 fit the adapter in my
Stronghold perfectly. Bill - Thanks for your tip. I have a Jet 1642 on
order, and will check the shaft before using the set screws. It does
have electronic braking, so I may have to go the brass set-screw route