robo hippy

I like use reverse a lot when sanding. There are plastic anti lock
spindle washers (Craft Supply and Packard)designed to go between the
spindle and the chuck or face plate. It helps to keep them from getting
locked on. It also helps keep things on when using reverse. I can use a
fair amount of pressure when sanding without things coming loose. If it
does come loose, let go and it will stop unwinding. Then turn off the
lathe. My lathe has a brake, and I have never had anything come loose.
robo hippy

Ron Kolakowski wrote:
Thanks,Leo. Hope it's not a long walk to your shop! What model of
Oneway chuck do you have - I think they make 3 different ones. I
thought they all used the same taper adapters, but I could very well

be
mistaken. In any case, the M8 set screw is what was called out by the
support folks at Oneway, and an M8 x 1.25 fit the adapter in my
Stronghold perfectly. Bill - Thanks for your tip. I have a Jet 1642

on
order, and will check the shaft before using the set screws. It does
have electronic braking, so I may have to go the brass set-screw

route