jim rozen

In article , DE says...

Just use a regular knurler under the pin hole maybe?? I know
it was done with a dedicated machine at one time but a knurl is
a knurl huh.? If it goes over sized just knock it back with a file??
Need a special chuck or go with 3/4 jaw??

Pistons are tapered, and the skirts are actually pretty fragile.

I recall seeing a setup in the SB book how they were held in
a fixture that the skirt would sit in, and there was a kind
of clamp that went thought the wrist pin hole and pulled it
down to the fixture plate. I think they had sort of a live
center that went over the crown of the piston to help support
it.

Jim

please reply to: