John B

Default Gas Range smelly gas problem.

You're not telling us much. Does the gas leak all the time, or just when
you try to turn on the oven?
Your situation could be dangerous. Don't trivialize this.
"Russell" wrote in message

I'm a long way from a repair guy, they charge 2 hours travel time.
I have a gas leak in the oven.
I know the igniter is bad because it takes a long time to light the oven,

but do
igniters leak gas
I was told there is a valve in the oven as well that might be leaking.
The stove is a Magic Chef in great shape but at least 12 years old.
I would replace the igniter if I was pretty sure it was the cause of the

leak.
If I have to replace the valve as well I would probably replace the stove.
I never use the broiler. Is it possible to use the broiler igniter in the

oven?

Thanks for any pointers guys.