makesawdust makesawdust is offline
Member

I have quite a few of the harbor freight pipe clamps. They're cheap, but the quality of their castings is pretty poor. I have no complaints for the price, though. They work ok, but not as smooth to use as the Pony pipe clamps I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofspam
If you can't afford a good set of bessey or pony cabinet master clamps,
then go for pipe clamps. they are cheap can be made to any lenght and
with a coupler can be extended.
HF has sales for about $3.48... well worth it considering it is a pipe
clamp. I have some of them, but a bunch of bessey's and cabinet
masters... Like them all. Don't bother with quick grips for big glue
ups.. they don't have the necessary pull

Corey wrote:

Well, I'm starting back from my winter hiatus.

I was going through a dry run glue up tonight and realized that I don't have
clamps long enough for what I'm trying to do. I have the quick grip type
clamps - 36" and 24" variety. But I need to clamp about 40" wide.

I thought I had seen somewhere before how to combine two clamps together to
make a longer one. Was this on the quick grip style clamps or another kind?
Or am I going to have to resort to buying more clamps?

Thanks