Pete C

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:33:41 GMT, quisquiliae
wrote:

Pete C wrote:
On 14 Feb 2005 05:52:25 -0800, wrote:
Is epoxy grout much different to normal grout in applying it, and does
the excess on the tiles clean off OK?

My experience using Ardipox WA on a worktop and some other (Dunlop?)
brand on a shower room wall:

Epoxy is sticky, rather like heavy treacle and although ordinary ready
mixed grouts vary in viscosity, epoxy tends to be of a stiffer consistency.

I was very pleased with the workability of the Ardipox on the worktop.
With a heavy duty (~5mm thick) rubber squeegee I could use two handed
pressure to force it into the joints and wipe it off the surface of the
tiles. That left a thin sticky film that lifted off when scrubbed with
the scotchbrite pad and water. After that it just needs wiping with a
damp sponge to polish off the excess water.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I take it the film on the tiles has to be
removed before the grout sets!

cheers,
Pete.