Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

John Rumm wrote:

What application did you have in mind that will need a large uplink
capability?

Currently it would be using the accounts package (Quickbooks) which I
can work around by either running it by using tight-VNC on a local
machine so the database is modified locally rather than on the remote
(home)machine (a stupid querk or the program as the database is now
90MB) but even just screen data is painfully slow using tight-VNC on a
remote station.
Or, I have to dump my current versions and purchase a 5 user licence
which would enable me to run the aplication on a server with up to 4
other users accessing the server aplication as they'd all have the same
serial number realtime acess using a VPN.

Hence again, local database modification so no data shuttling.

Besides which, If I could have done the Radio link thing, I would have
had access to the shops 4Mb cable connection F.O.C. for interweb surfing
rather than the 512Kb adsl line at the house.

I'm probabally just being far too greedy.
:¬)

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)