Simon Stroud

"Howie" wrote in message
Hi,

Would appreciate a bit of advice as I've never bought one of
these before. I'm looking for something like a 20GB player which
will play MP3 files (not something which converts MP3s to it's
own format).

A decent battery life (10 hours) is important and an FM tuner
would be a bit of an advantage too. (Not essential though).

Can anyone give me some initial advice on brand and/or a
recommended online seller?

TIA (as always).

H.

--
Howard Coakley
e-mail... howarddot}coakleyatcoakleydot].codotuk

I'm pleased with my Archos Gmini 220.

It's a 20GB Hard Disc player and also has a CF slot on the side for sucking
the contents out of camera memory cards. Works a treat, and none of this
Apple or Sony DRM nonsense. Just good old fashioned MP3s. (Might play WMA
files as well allegedly, but as they have a whiff of DRM about them I've had
no interest in that side of things.)

Regards,
Simon.