busbus

Tim wrote:
Any favorites out there?

I asked that same question a year or so ago. I got much the same
answers as you are getting--good books all. I picked most of them up
at the local library.

But, as an infrequent weekend warrior, they all seemed sort of a
half-step beyond me. Oh, I could figure out what was being said
alright but I needed to read the text again and again to get it thru my
thick noggin.

Then somebody pointed me toward a little bitty of a book called
"Building Your Own Kitchen Cabinetry" by John Paquay. It was the BEST
$9.00 I have ever spent in my life--well, in woodworking anyway.

This book cuts through all the rhetoric and tells you how to just
simply build the cabinets. It made sense of all the other books but I
didn't NEED any other book. This one is all you need. Of course, this
book doesn't go into huge amounts of detail about kitchen design, etc.
nor does it have purty color pictures.

In order to get all the bells and whistles, you will need to go for one
of the other suggested books. To simply cut to the chase, John's book
is outstanding. All that and he answered a lot of nagging little
questions I had, too, via e-mail! One heck of a nice guy and a grea
book.

ray