Nick Degidio

Thank to all that responded, will be looking at reviews of the lift devices.

Just a few comments here from your replies

The router smoked, badly, don't think brushes will help. This was purchased
mid 80's, and has been used heavily and served me well (countless dados,
moldings, raised panels etc...) RIP little green warrior.

I like the top side adjustability, but more so, bit changes from above the
table would be really cool. I've wrestled with bit changes for years and the
router I was using needed two wrenches to change the bit, and this is
awkward. Any suggestions for this issues would be most appreciated.

I also wanted to say that I really enjoy reading through this group. Seems
it's filled with some very sharp folks.

"Nick Degidio" wrote in message
I purchased an Hitachi 3hp router many moons ago, and have been using it
with a home build router table that has server me well. Some of the

negative
attributes have been bit changes on the router, and no variable speed.

The router died over this weekend. Will replace it with a new router, yet

be determined.

I'd really like to know your thoughts and experiences with router-lift
systems, and routers that work well with these systems. I'm tempted to

just
replace the router, and be done with it, but from what I've read, the

router
lift systems may we worth looking at.

Any thoughts that you can share?

thanks,